Scientific Work for the Benefit of Migration Policy - 10 Years of efms
To celebrate its foundation in 1993 the efms organised an anniversary conference in Bamberg on 5 December 2003. The programme comprised a presentation of efms' research findings and projects to the 150 participants from Germany and abroad.
Hotel Residenzschloss, Bamberg
Friday, 5 December 2003
- 17:00 hrs.:
- RA (lawyer) V. Foerster, Managing Director efms e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. G. Ruppert, Director of the Otto-Friedrich-University Bamberg
- RA (lawyer) W. J. Weber, President of the Foundation "Population, Migration and Environment", member of the efms Board and of founder member.
- 17:15 hrs.:
- Scientific Work for the Benefit of Migration Policy
- Prof. Dr. F. Heckmann, Director of the efms: Scientific Work for the Benefit of Migration Policy
- Prof. Dr. R. Penninx, University of Amsterdam: Europeanisation of Migration Research
- State Secretary M. Beck, Commissioner of the Federal Government for Migration, Refugees and Integration: Policy Counselling on National Level
- Vice President of the Administrative District of Central Franconia, H. Grunwald: Integration Policy in Bavaria
- 18:00 hrs.:
- 18:20 hrs.:
- Examples of practical implementation
- Dr. V. Tomei, European Economic and Social Committee, Brussels, researcher at the efms until 1999: Europe and the efms
- Dipl. Sozialwirt W. Bosswick, Administrative director and founder member of the efms: efms - Services for practice
- Dipl. Soziologin S. Worbs: efms DFG project Naturalization and Integration
- Dipl. Geograph M. Neske: efms DFG project Human Smuggling
- from 19:00 hrs.:
- Information booths on efms' research areas